Today I started and finished a great book!(I do that alot [: ) I thought I would share!
Before I Fall is a beautifully, spine-tingling book. Samantha “Sam” Kingston has it all. She’s popular with great friends, a “to-die-for” boyfriend and is invited to all the parties. February 12th should be just another day in her perfect life. But it turns out to be her last.
Falling through the darkness, however, she wakes up the next morning. She’ll live her chilling last day seven times. In this week, she’ll learn everything she’s overlooked and the number of people she’s affected in her short time. In a race against time, Sam will figure out what really matters,and how she can fix what she’s broken. The ending of this novel is both brave and heartbreaking.
The most common complaint I’ve seen for this book is “the characters are mean and popular” or “I had no sympathy for the main characers for what they’ve done”. In my opinion, that was the point. The ending of Before I Fall is to show how your own personal actions, no matter the motives, can affect those around you so negatively. It shows that we need to think before we spread a rumor, or do something terrible to someone else.
This intense, raw and emotional book will leave you to really think about your life. I think that the author, Lauren Oliver put it best in Before I Fall:
“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there’s a tomorrow. Maybe for you there’s one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around in it, let it slide like coins through your fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us, there’s only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
Aloha! Jillian here, and I am here to show you a little something I dreamed up. So I had Toms. Beautiful, red, lovely Toms. Then I wore them too much. Then there were holes in the shoes… And it was not pretty. So for about 5 months they were thrown in the back of my closet, supposedly to never be touched again. Until one day I was cleaning out my closet and I found them! So I started thinking… What can I do to make these wearable again? And thus the Toms sandals idea was born! So if you like how they look and have some of these supplies handy, then go for it! Directions:
You will need…
~Some old holey Toms
~A cheese grater/a rough rock
This is super easy, are ya ready? Here we go:
Step 1: Set Toms on ground.
Step 2: Cut around seams with fabric scissors.
Step 3: Take your cheese grater or your rough rock and wear down the edges as you wish! If you like ’em clean cut, then don’t do anything! But they’ll probably get worn down anyway… Anywho, you’re done!
If your soles are really worn down then I suggest getting insoles to put in them. Be nice to your feet! I hope that this tutorial deemed helpful; I really enjoy my Toms sandals! Have a good day. ~jill
Yay! Color blocking!
Color blocking is fun. So therefore, I am wearing color blocked dress. Have you tried color blocking? You should. Anywho, today I wore this simple tank dress with my new awesome Toms that I made. Check out the DIY section if you have some old Toms that you want re-create! I love them a lot.(: Well this is my super simple outfit for a simple day like today. Bye friends! ~jill
Hey friends! So if you noticed, our background is in a room that is covered in paper cranes. Well that is my room.(: So I thought that I should teach you how to make them! Here’s basic DIY paper crane. It might look intimidating, but trust me, it’s simple! Let’s get started. [Match the numbers for the corresponding picture(: ]
1. Start with a perfectly square piece of paper. Decorate the paper as you please! Make it fun.(: I decorated mine with You can check this by folding it diagonally, into a triangle! Which indeed it…
2. …step 2! So fold your square piece of paper into a triangle!
3. Do it again! Fold your big triangle into another, smaller triangle.
4. Lift one of the flaps…
5. …and stick your finger in it! Then fold it down flat, matching the center line up with the center line beneath it.
6. Fold it flat!
7. Flip it over, and you should see a similar thing that you can lift up.
8. Fold it flat just like you did on the other side!
9. Make sure that the bottom part of your crane-to-be looks like this!
10. Lift up the first flap on either side and fold it into the center crease.
11. Do the same on the other side.
12. Now unfold it!
13. Here comes the most tricky part: lift up the bottom
top flap and pull it upwards. Start bringing the sides inward.
14. Match up the side of the paper that is coming inward to the center line. Flatten it out…
15. …and then do the same to the other side. Make sure that both sides line up and that the top point meets at the right places. Just mess around with it until it looks right!
16. Do the same folding in and folding up on the other side!
17. Make sure that the part where it splits is at the bottom.
18. Take the top flap on the side and fold it in about halfway.
19. Finished product of #18.
20. Do the same on the opposite side!
21. Flip it over and it should look like that.
22. Fold in again!
23. ALMOST THERE! See how it kind of opens up on the side?
24. Fold it inward to make its tail/head.
25. Do that on the opposite side too!
26. So choose one of the sides and do that same thing that you did with folding the body up, but fold a small portion of it down.
27. Fold the wing down!
28. Turn it over and it looks like this.
29. Fold the other wing down and you can stand it up like this.
30. So if you want the full 3D effect, you can kind of pull the wings apart and you can see how it expands? Well pull it apart a little and push down!
31. If you keep pushing and then pull the corners out a little then it flatten it out! Just keep messing around with it until it looks how you want.
32. TADA!! The finished product.
Well that’s all that it is! I hope that this how-to proved helpful and informative to you.(: Hang them up, sit them down, display them however you want! And if you keep on making them, your collection will multiply quickly. Enjoy! ~jill
Heyo! This is Jillian (hence purple writing) with our first addition to the style section! So here I am wearing a high waisted printed skirt. I LOVE this pattern! It’s really bright and happy, so it reflects my mood today.(: Anywho, the point of the high waisted skirt is to lengthen your legs and accentuate your waisteline! Me, being un-thoughtful, put my hands on my waist, so you can’t really see how it goes inward there, but the point is made. All in all, I really like this outfit and I hope you enjoy as well! ~jill
How goes it friends? So, I have this awesome friend who goes to alot of concerts! And he just so happened to meet a taper at one of these concerts and get the Charlotte, NC 2012 tour (Not where we live, so don’t try stalking us there (; ) DAVE MATTHEWS BAND CONCERT!! I’m super duper excited & I decided I would show you guys how to get it! If you’re not all fancy and technimilogically good (I’m one of those people who’s not!) fear not! For I have some pictures to walk you through it (:
Step Une. (French!)
Go to one of the links! (I’ll put them at the bottom of this post) And then hit download.
You’ll be prompted with this box… Hit save!
Find a place on your computer to save it. Anywhere you’ll know to find it should be fine!
Now we wait for it to load. *Cue Jeopardy music*
If you’re one of the vast and many iPod users (which I most certainly am!) then you can download this into iTunes! Just go to iTunes, hit “File” (at the top right) and hit “Add File to Library”. Find where you put the files and click on them! If you wanna download them all at one time, use shift to select them all (:
So there ya go! If you like Dave Matthews Band, then this is for you. Even if you don’t, I say give it a shot! It’s free, & they’re a fantastic band! Now, have at these links…
Part 1: https://www.box.com/s/a4b8bc35a2c03830ccfa
Part 2: https://www.box.com/s/6c94ede732052515505f
Part 3: https://www.box.com/s/12e8be0fd31959eb244b
Part 4: https://www.box.com/s/cfa2834140f0bac2ca6c
Hope you like it! xxx Maureen